CityData can't be used in Init.m?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg101768] CityData can't be used in Init.m?
- From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:21:10 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: drmajorbob at bigfoot.com
I had a call to CityData in my Init file; removing it removed the problem. Is there some reason the Init file can't reference CityData? Using it in the Init file causes CityData to fail for the ENTIRE Mathematica session. That seems odd, since: Context@CityData "System`" Bobby On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 03:11:36 -0500, DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com> wrote: > All other internet connectivity is fine, so this still makes no sense: > > CityData["London"] > > CityData::notent: "London" is not a known entity, class, or tag for > CityData. Use CityData for a list of entities. >> > > CityData["London"] > > Bobby > -- DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com