Re: Add syntax highlighting to own command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101825] Re: Add syntax highlighting to own command
  • From: rych <rychphd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 04:51:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 16, 1:19 pm, earth... at web.de (Bastian Erdnuess) wrote:
> Bastian Erdnuess <earth... at web.de> wrote:

>   Let /: ( lhs_ := Let[ vars_, expr_ /; cond_ ] ) :=
>     Let[ vars, lhs := expr /; cond ]

I'm sorry, Bastian, but can I ask you what you're trying to achieve
with these lines? Actually, I've never seen more than one SetDelayed
in an expression. When I try to test this definition as follows, I get
a "SetDelayed::shape"  error,

{x, y, z, w} :=  Let[{a = 1, b = a + 1, c = b + 1, d = a + b + c}=
, {a,
b, c, d}]

Other than this, thanks to you and Daniel for these nice recursive
versions of With.
Igor