i need package help or dyanamic help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101827] i need package help or dyanamic help
  • From: terrie riley <triley4 at san.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 04:51:56 -0400 (EDT)

I have a package that should be called by functions to access mathematica data sources
In my example program i do want a pull down of the states. In the example it seems easier because the list is already defined by the data source.(?).
i need the data to be in a list but also to have quotes around it so when it is stuffed into the function the correct syntax is written. i have attached both. i get an error about the list not being properly defined.

usingWhere toLive.nb

<< WhereToLive`
MyManipulation[states]

the package whereToLive.m
BeginPackage["WhereToLive`"]

MyFunction::usage =
        "MyFunction[state] shows the shape of state and a list of cities.Select a city
to see information";
MyManipulation::usage="MyManipulation[set] sets up a demonstration that shows A group of cities
in a state in set,and lists cost of living data about them.";
Begin["`Private`"]

states_ = {"\"Alabama\"","\"Ohio\"","\"Florida\""}
MyFunction[states_] := CityData[{Large,states,"UnitedStates"}];

MyManipulation[set_:"UN"]:= Manipulate[MyFunction[states],{CityData[Large,set,"UnitedStates"]}];

End[ ]

EndPackage[ ]