Recognizing finite groups in Mathematica 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101910] Recognizing finite groups in Mathematica 7
  • From: "jamievicary at NgOmSaPiAlM.com" <jamievicary at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 06:23:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all. Mathematica 7 has great finite group functionality, which
includes knowledge of the common names of many group. I have an
algorithm that produces multiplication tables for different groups ---
how can I get Mathematica to recognize which group has been produced,
and name it for me?

Thanks,
Jamie.