Re: mimic InterpolatingFunction et. al. formatting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102107] Re: mimic InterpolatingFunction et. al. formatting
  • From: pfalloon <pfalloon at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 05:56:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 28, 4:02 pm, Josh Bukart <burk... at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When one uses Interpolation[], one gets in return an InterpolatingFunctio=
n object which typically formats in the front end as something like

> InterpolatingFunction[{{0.,1.}},<>]
>
> How does it achieve the "<>" standing for all the massive amounts of inte=
rnal data? I'd like to do something similar for a data structure type thing=
 I'm coding, and would like it to display automatically as EigenfunctionDat=
a[whatever i want regardless of what's actually inside].

> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Josh Burkart

The "Format" function is probably what you're after.