PlayerPro 7.0.1 and Parallel Evaluation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102171] PlayerPro 7.0.1 and Parallel Evaluation
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 05:56:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have just tried the PlayerPro 7.0.1 that one can download with a
premier support contract. I tried to run some notebooks that use some
kernels in parallel with it. I found out that this does not work at all,
LaunchKernels does nothing but turns red after evaluation. I remember I
could run these notebooks with PlayerPro 7.0.0 without problems. While I
think it would be o.k. if the PlayerPro wouldn't support the use of
parallel kernels the information on wolframs website quite clearly
states that parallel execution is supported:

http://www.wolfram.com/products/playerpro/

Am I missing something or doing something wrong, is the information on
the website wrong or is this a bug in PlayerPro 7.0.1? If anyone has
some information on that, I would be glad to hear...

albert