Re: comments on Wolfram Alpha

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100335] Re: comments on Wolfram Alpha
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:09:00 -0400 (EDT)

Alpha is NOT a search engine. The site makes this clear enough (if you
take the effort to read some of its documentation, which is something
you apparently haven't done). It has a vast supply of data that it can
do calutions with. It's not an encyclopedia of computing algorithms
either, not does it claim it is.

Google cannot give you the distance to the moon in terms of Sears
tower heights. Alpha can.

What you could do with Google a week after it launched is
significantly less than what you can do with it now, 13 years later.
Don't you think that Alpha might have some growth potential as well?

Cheers -- Sjoerd