Re: 60Mb dataset
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg100598] Re: 60Mb dataset
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 03:53:43 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Weldon MacDonald wrote:
> I'm having a problem with Mathematica and I want to see if there's any
> help for it.
> Specifically, I'm operating on a 60Mb dataset. I can load it and do
> minor operations, but when I try to do a more complex task, it tries
> to run it in RAM. I have 3Gb, but it quickly goes through that. Why
> doesn't Mathematica page to disk? Or is the problem that I don't know
> how to make it do so?
It is not Mathematica that swaps data to disk, but the operating system.
However, a 32-bit system cannot address more memory that 4 GB (and, at
least on Windows, a single program can only use at most 2GB).
Prev by Date:
Slow/jerky animations inside manipulate
Next by Date:
Re: MemoryInUse and Print
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Coding for Mathematica