Re: 60Mb dataset
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg100598] Re: 60Mb dataset
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 03:53:43 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Weldon MacDonald wrote: > I'm having a problem with Mathematica and I want to see if there's any > help for it. > Specifically, I'm operating on a 60Mb dataset. I can load it and do > minor operations, but when I try to do a more complex task, it tries > to run it in RAM. I have 3Gb, but it quickly goes through that. Why > doesn't Mathematica page to disk? Or is the problem that I don't know > how to make it do so? It is not Mathematica that swaps data to disk, but the operating system. However, a 32-bit system cannot address more memory that 4 GB (and, at least on Windows, a single program can only use at most 2GB).