Re: Re: Problem with GraphicsColumn

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100630] Re: [mg100595] Re: Problem with GraphicsColumn
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 05:31:00 -0400 (EDT)

Use the ImagePadding option and make it the same in both plots, or at least
the horizontal portion. You will need enough padding on the left to
accommodate the longer y tick values in the top plot and that will leave
extra space on the left in the bottom plot. But that is what is necessary
for alignment of the two plots.

GraphicsColumn[
 {Plot[10^4 Sin@x, {x, 0, 10},
   Frame -> True,
   ImagePadding -> {{40, 5}, {30, 10}}],
  Plot[Cos@x, {x, 0, 10},
   Frame -> True,
   ImagePadding -> {{40, 5}, {30, 10}}]}]

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: gyzhou at 139.com [mailto:gyzhou at 139.com]

Actually, the two figures I drew are the same x-axis range but
different y-axis range like:
GraphicsColumn[{Plot[10^4 Sin@x, {x, 0, 10}, Frame -> True],
  Plot[Cos@x, {x, 0, 10}, Frame -> True]}]
Because of the length of the number of y-axis label in Plot@Sin is
longer than Plot@Cos, the figure moves to right hand side.
If I want to solve this, I have to add some items like the first and
the second cases above. However more problems are encountered.