Re: How to use R within Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100783] Re: How to use R within Mathematica
  • From: Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 06:07:05 -0400 (EDT)

I stumbled upon your question.
On Windows, it is easy to use R from within Mathematica.
You just have to download and install the
statconnDCOM server (free for noncommerial use)
from rcom.univie.ac.at

The following piece of code shows how you than
can use R from within Mathematica.

Needs["NETLink`"]
myR = CreateCOMObject["RCOMServerLib.StatConnector"]
myR@Init["R"]
myR@SetSymbol["xxx",12321]
result1=myR@GetSymbol["xxx"]
myR@EvaluateNoReturn["randmat<-matrix(rnorm(100),10)"]