Re: Correction to "Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and Mathematica"

Hi,

> Interesting!  Like you, I get correct results when differentiating
> using "D".  But when I differentiate using the prime sign (g'[x] ) I
> get the incorrect answer of 0.

I think this is a case where Trace is useful, and when looking at the
output of Trace it seems clear that this is why it goes wrong for g':

In[14]:= Integrate[Exp[-t^2], {t, 0, #}]

Out[14]= 1/2 Sqrt[\[Pi]] Erf[3]

In[15]:= Integrate[Sin[t], {t, 0, #}]

Out[15]= 1 - Cos[#1]

I think Out[14] clearly is a bug, because whatever # may be, it is not 3
 in almost all cases :-)

hth,

albert