Re: mergeSort with ReplaceRepeated

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100820] Re: mergeSort with ReplaceRepeated
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 21:21:47 -0400 (EDT)

Judging from your June 6 post, this is a homework assignment of yours.
I guess that given the code below you haven't learned enough of the
Mathematica language to come even close to solving it.

Since it is not the goal of this group to make your homework, I can
only advise you to learn the basics using the documentation included
with Mathematica before you endeavour in the more complicated stuff.

The code below doesn't work for one thing because it doesn't contain
an actual function definition. This is usually done using Set (=) or
SetDelayed (:=). Look them up in the documentation.

Cheers -- Sjoerd