Re: Extracting contour values from ContourPlot
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg100830] Re: Extracting contour values from ContourPlot
- From: dg <davide.guarisco at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 05:37:40 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Jun 14, 4:08 pm, "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devr... at gmail.com> wrote: > You can use the option ContourLabels -> All to label the contours. A > legend such as in multiple-line plots doesn't make sense for contour > plots as it would require every contour line to be distinct (with > varying colors and/or dashing) which woulde be dead ugly. > > Cheers -- Sjoerd No. Because of the shading of the contours, it is easy to identify each contour line, they do not need to be distinct. Perhaps I wasn't very clear in my OP. I know I can label the contour lines WITHIN the plot. That's NOT what I want. (The reason is that the plot I want to make gets then transformed into a ring). What I want is a separate legend with the contour values.