Solving Polynomial equation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg100901] Solving Polynomial equation
  • From: kosal lee <leekosal at>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 04:50:00 -0400 (EDT)

I need help and I am new to Mathematica.

Suppose I want to solve for the equation:  aX^2 + bx +c ==0, however
I have a list of parameters a and b in my microsoft excel where a and b are columns and its value are in rows.

I dont want to key every a and b each time to find the root of above equation.

Are there anyway to tell Mathematica to import each a and b value from excel, put it in the above equation, and find its root
and it export the list of results back to excel?

Thank you.
Best Regards,