Re: TeX output via TeXForm: variable name translation

On Jun 19, 8:45 pm, dnquark <dnqu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to find a good way to interoperate between Mathematica and
> LaTeX (or LyX).
> Typically, I am workign with multi-character variable names, which
> TeXForm interprets as text:
>
> In[65]:= TeXForm[e1]
> Out[65]//TeXForm=
> \text{e1}

Perhaps, you could work with typeset expressions directly in
Mathematica.  They should then convert naturally to LaTeX.
For example:

In[1]:= TeXForm[Subscript[\[Epsilon], 1]]
Out[1]//TeXForm= \epsilon _1

Of course, you needn't type the whole Subscript[\[Epsilon], 1]
thing in verbatim; there are shortcuts that you get used to.
The new V7 palettes are very helpful in this regard.

Mark McClure