Using fractions in axis labels

I can't seem to get my axis labels formatted correctly in Mathematica 7.  I would like to have a string expression followed by a fraction in parentheses, but the string expression appears in the numerator, instead of in front of the fraction.  Here is my expression for SetOptions:

SetOptions[ListLinePlot,AxesLabel -> {"Wavelength (\[Mu]m)",
  Solar Irradiance \!\(
     "W" \/ "\!\(\*SuperscriptBox[\"m\", \"2\"]\)\[Mu]m"\)}]

I have also tried the frontend graphics interface to enter fractions, with the same result.

Best regards,
Jeff