changing color, size etc on text

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101159] changing color, size etc on text
  • From: Lobotomy <labbman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:15:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi
I want to modify text and numbers here and there. These are the places
where i want to change color, size etc...
Isn't there just one way of doing this?? ive tried using Style which
works in some places, but not here...

1:In the PlotLabel for my ListLinePlot: I have modified the words, but
i dont know how to make the numbers and "$" to be changed into the
same style

PlotLabel ->
 Style["Accumulated Amount", Bold, Italic, Blue] NumberForm[Last[#],
   ExponentFunction -> (If[Abs[#] <= 15, Null, #] &),
   NumberSigns -> {"-$ ", "$"}, NumberPadding -> {"", "0"}]

2: In the labels for my BarChart. I want the number and the text to be
changed

ChartLabels -> Style["Accumulated Amount", Bold, Italic, Blue]
 Placed[{"$ per month required "}, Top], LabelingFunction -> Above

3: Finally in the ChartLegends of my piechart.
ChartLegends -> {"Added Contributions", "Initial Investment",
   "Growth", "Target Amount"}],