- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg101250] Re: Ansatz?
- From: Vince <blueschi at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:08:17 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Jun 26, 6:47 am, "M.Roellig" <markus.roel... at googlemail.com> wrote: > > Also, "ansatz" might relate etymologically to "ersatz", which means > > "cheap substitute". > > No it doesn't. > > Ersatz can be translated in many ways. But it doesn't inherently > involve any assessment, > or quality statement. Some common translations are: > replacement > alternative > compensation > reimbursement > reparation > substitute > > Cheers, > > Markus Markus, Sounds good. I'll take your word for it. Though I did push the point further in my reply to Roland. Thank you, Vince