- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg101250] Re: Ansatz?
- From: Vince <blueschi at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:08:17 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 26, 6:47 am, "M.Roellig" <markus.roel... at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Also, "ansatz" might relate etymologically to "ersatz", which means
> > "cheap substitute".
> No it doesn't.
> Ersatz can be translated in many ways. But it doesn't inherently
> involve any assessment,
> or quality statement. Some common translations are:
Sounds good. I'll take your word for it.
Though I did push the point further in my reply to Roland.
Prev by Date:
Re: Separating real part and imaginary part from each
Next by Date:
Help with NMaximize
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: