Re: Head logic

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg97074] Re: Head logic
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:14:52 -0500 (EST)

It's the same for every comparison of heads, e.g. Times == Plus return
unevaluated as well. Not sure why this is so, but I guess it would be
difficult to provein general that two functions are exactly functional
equivalent or not.

You can force evaluation by using === or =!=. Those functions check
whether the comparants are literally the same.

For testing of heads you could use expressions described in

Cheers -- Sjoerd