Microarray data analysis

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97151] Microarray data analysis
  • From: hm <hmwill at mac.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 04:27:24 -0500 (EST)

With Mathematica 7 having quite a couple of new features around
statistics (like linear models) and bioinformatics (such as genome
data), I was wondering if it could be used in the context of
microarray analysis. I am toying around with a published lung cancer
data set from NCBI GEO (GDS2373), and look if I can get through a
somewhat complete baseline analysis using Mathematica. Along the way I
am finding myself writing smaller and larger helper functions [such as
common plots or a parser for NCBIs SOFT format], which might be useful
for other users as well.

So... I set up a little workspace on google code [http://
code.google.com/p/bioinformatica/] where I am depositing my pieces as
I go.

Just wanted to put it out there in case other people on this list have
similar interests.

Cheers,
HM