Re: Re: Re: Mathematica 7.0.1.0 and some General

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97267] Re: [mg97233] Re: [mg97205] Re: Mathematica 7.0.1.0 and some General
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 05:17:41 -0500 (EST)

I believe, with Mathematica, the procedure is to simply install the new
update. If you choose to give it the same name as the old (simply
Mathematica, for instance), it overwrites the old. If not, you now have
(at least) two versions. File associations should go to the new version,
but if they don't, just change them.

I used to keep old versions, but I no longer do that.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com