Slicing a surface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97328] Slicing a surface
  • From: SotonJames <james.french at soton.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:22:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I've generated a surface in Mathematica 6 by solving some simultaneous equations for three variables (x[s,t], y[s,t] and z[s,t]) and parametric plotting the variables against each other, with s and t the surface parameters. I want to get a one-dimensional cross-section of the surface, ie a slice through constant z, but I don't know how to do this. Taking a constant s or t is the best I can do, but isn't nearly the same. I'd like the line cross-section to be displayed as a flat 2D graph, rather than be embedded in the original 3D space.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Many thanks in advance,

James