Re: Re: Bug in Pattern Matching with Condition?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97327] Re: [mg97279] Re: Bug in Pattern Matching with Condition?
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:21:54 -0500 (EST)

Well, I can't answer this with any certainly but it seems to me
reasonable that  _/;True should match anything just as _ does and that
_/;False should not match anything. It seems logical that if you agree
with that than you get "strange" behaviour as below:

MatchQ[a /; False, _ /; False]
False

MatchQ[a /; False, _ /; True]
True

It's not really an explanation but it does make sense (to me) so I
would say it is a feature.

Andrzej