Re: Slicing a surface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97421] Re: Slicing a surface
  • From: SotonJames <james.french at soton.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:47:23 -0500 (EST)

Thanks, but I think the real problem is that I had to solve the equations numerically, so I can't solve x,y,z in terms of s and t or anything like that, and I can't use Reduce. The three functions that make up the surface are interpolating functions and I'd just like to be able to plot the intersection of the surface and the z=constant plane and  plot it in a flattened x-y plane. It originally seemed to me that this should be quite straightforward, but it's surprising how tricky it's turned out to be.

Thanks again for the help, no worries if you can't see how to solve it.

James