econometrics with mathematica?

Dear All,

How prevalently is mathematica used for econometric analysis?
I am working and will always work with logit, probit models and maximum
likelihood procedures.
I will also do numerical simulation analysis of some integrals.

For these and these kinds of purposes, would you recommend me to start with
mathematica?
Or shall I stick to any other package such as R, or Stata?

What do you recommend?