Compatibility issue in Mathematica 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97684] Compatibility issue in Mathematica 7
  • From: daniele <danielelinaro at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:57:50 -0500 (EST)

Hello everybody,
I've been using Mathematica 6 for a while and now I'm about to
purchase version 7: I was wondering whether it's possible, in the
latest version, to save a notebook which can be subsequently opened
(and edited) with version 6. To the best of my knowledge, this was not
possible in version 6 (saving for, say, version 5) and it's something
that has always buggered me quite a lot, because I often have the
necessity to exchange notebooks with people who haven't the same
version as me.

Thank you very much,
Daniele