Re: econometrics with mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97650] Re: econometrics with mathematica?
- From: dbreiss at gmail.com
- Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:51:22 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Mathematica is quite heavily used n the financial community. --David On Mar 17, 6:02 am, "minimus" <spammergetthisem... at live.co.uk> wrote: > Dear All, > > How prevalently is mathematica used for econometric analysis? > I am working and will always work with logit, probit models and maximum > likelihood procedures. > I will also do numerical simulation analysis of some integrals. > > For these and these kinds of purposes, would you recommend me to start wi= th > mathematica? > Or shall I stick to any other package such as R, or Stata? > > What do you recommend?