Fitting using a custom function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97669] Fitting using a custom function
  • From: titos99 <riccardo.tediosi at mac.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:55:01 -0500 (EST)

My problem is pretty simple:

I have a data file with experimental data that I would like two fit (x and y values).
In order to calculate the theoretical function I only can use a Finite difference method and iterate the calculus as a function of time. At the end of the calculation I get a list with theoretical x and y values. Now, since the calculation is made by using some parameters, I would like Mathematica to find the best set of fitting parameter that fit the experimental data.
Anybody knows how to do this kind of thing!?
The loop that I use for the calculation is itself a Module but I don't know if I can use this together with the Fit function...

Any idea???

Many thanks. -R