Re: Multivariate normal distribution
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97727] Re: Multivariate normal distribution
- From: Ray Koopman <koopman at sfu.ca>
- Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 05:24:12 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The mean vector is *defined* as the expected value of the random
vector. It does not depend on the variances or the correlation.
On Mar 19, 12:09 am, "tarpane... at libero.it" <tarpane... at libero.it>
> is there anyone who is able to show me how solve in Mathematica the
> following problem?
> I have two random variable S_i and S_j whose mean and variances are
> m_i, m_j and sigma_i and sigma_j and whose correlation is rho_ij
> how can I compute ExpectedValue(S_j , S_j) and its derivative
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica Graphics - speed bottleneck
Next by Date:
Re: Can Plot, can't FindRoot - what gives?
Previous by thread:
Multivariate normal distribution
Next by thread:
Can Plot, can't FindRoot - what gives?