- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97733] Incompatible units?
- From: Mathias Lindner <mathias.lindner at web.de>
- Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 05:25:19 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Chemnitz University of Technology
Hi Today I struggled with the units package - again... Let me show you what I did: Dynamic[Subscript[\[Tau], p]] Subscript[l, case] \[Lambda] = \Convert[Subscript[l, case]/Dynamic[Subscript[\[Tau], p]], 1] This input results in: 27.4889 Meter Milli 281 Meter Milli Convert::incomp : Incompatible units in (281 Meter Milli)/(27.4889 Meter Milli) and 1. (281 Meter Milli)/(27.4889 Meter Milli) If I don't use dynamic but constant tau_p everything is fine... So Mathematica isn't able to to reduce this fraction? What's the reason for this behaviour and what can I do about it? Thanks for your help! Mathias