Re: demonstrations and presentations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97742] Re: [mg97721] demonstrations and presentations
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:40:11 -0500 (EST)

Filippo Miatto wrote:
> Dear all,
> Perhaps i'm wrong, but I read on the demonstrations section of the
> wolfram website that to create a demonstration that can be used with
> the viewer you need to submit it, and that it's not possible to create
> one by yourself. did i get it correctly?
> My problem is that i am preparing a presentation and i would like to
> show a notebook with a dynamic content in the demonstrations fashon,
> and i'm really not convinced that there is mathematica 7 installed in
> the computer where i'll have to open the presentation file (but if the
> demonstration file could be seen by the viewer I could carry it in a
> usb stick..!)
> did you ever had this problem? what do you suggest?
> Thank you in advance!
> Filippo

If you have content that is in suitable format to be a Demonstration,
and want to present it but not necessarily publish to the Demonstrations
Project, you have a couple of options. What you require, in order to
view interactively with Mathematica Player, is a signed .nbp file. One
way to obtain this is to upload a Demonstration in an authoring area,
build it, but not submit for publication. Another approach is to use
Publish for Player; see the URL below for further details on this.

http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/interactivedeployment/publish/

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research