Re: Orthogonazlie with Method->"Householder"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97788] Re: Orthogonazlie with Method->"Householder"
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 05:20:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi Maris,

my giuess is that you run into numerical problems becaus of machine

numbers. Consider the singular values of your matrix:

{1.75663*10^15, 2.21874*10^12,

  5.16322*10^10, 488354., 6518.66, 83.9465}

and you will see that 16 decimal digits may lead to problems.

If you calculate with exact numbers you will not have this problem.

But be aware, simply rationalizing your matrix introduces some error and

can make linear depend vectors independent.

Daniel