Re: Problem using a dialog and dynamic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97838] Re: Problem using a dialog and dynamic
  • From: dreiss at scientificarts.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 04:04:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

This is a behavior that I have encountered many time, and then keep on
forgetting the fix for it and puzzle over it when I reencounter it.
Then I remember the answer again and reenter my own personal Do loop
of remember-forget-repeat...

The answer is that, for programs such as this the Dynamic timeout
comes into play.  But there is a simple fix and this is to use

Method->"Queued"

for the button (the default is Method->"Preemptive")

Best regards,

David
http://scientificarts.com/worklife
http://scientificarts.com/mathematicatools

On Mar 22, 6:45 am, "Paul Ellsmore" <paul.ellsm... at nanion.co.uk>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following code should show a button
>
> and a text field. When I click the button, i should get
>
> a system dialog allowing me to select a folder, and the
>
> folder's file and pathname should then be displayed in
>
> the text field.
>
> Hi,
>
> The following code should show a button and a text field. When I click th=
> button, i should get a system dialog allowing me to select a folder, and =
the
> folder's file and pathname should then be displayed in the text field.
>
> Panel[Grid[{{Button["Select/Change Project
> Directory",sourcedir=SystemDialogInput["Directory","C:\\"]]},{Column[{"=
Curr e