Re: UNDO and Mathematica - how useless is it?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97967] Re: UNDO and Mathematica - how useless is it?
- From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:43:49 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Bob F wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > Does anyone else think the UNDO menu function is about as useful as > ice in Antarctica?? I agree - WRI seem to have a blind spot about UNDO - nowadays, people just expect a multi-level UNDO as part of working on a computer. Notebooks are not quite like other documents, because they change programatically as well as by user editing, but I would not have thought it would be too hard to provide a multi-level UNDO that would at least operate between evaluations. Alternatively, UNDO could be restricted to cells of particular styles - ignoring output cells. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk