Printout stylesheet in V7 on Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97996] Printout stylesheet in V7 on Linux
  • From: Richard Foltyn <richard.foltyn at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 05:37:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm trying to use a custom stylesheet when printing notebooks.

If I use the built-in "Article" stylesheet, everything looks fine on screen as well as on the printout.

If I create a custom stylesheet, everything looks fine on screen, but when printing, all text, headings, formulas, etc. use the Courier font.

I've looked through the default stylesheets and it seem that a custom printing style can be defined using something like:

Cell[StyleData["Section", "Printout"],
 CellDingbat->"\[FilledSmallSquare]",
 FontFamily->"Arial"]

However, this does not seem to work on Linux 64bit with Mathematica 7.0.1.

On the other hand, the same document in Mathematica Player on Windows prints using the custom style just fine.

Is this a bug? If not, can someone point out what I did wrong?

TIA,
Richard