Re: Defining function with indexed variables
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99340] Re: Defining function with indexed variables
- From: Nicholas <physnick at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 05:21:44 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
On May 2, 5:58 am, Paul Smith <phh... at gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > How can one define the function > > f(x1,x2,...,x100) := x1^2 + x2^2 + ... + x100^2 > > using superscripts? > > Thanks in advance, > > Paul I didn't really know what you were saying about superscripts, but I believe this will work f = Total@List[##]^2 & and it works for any number of inputs. Nick.