Re: ListPointPlot3D colors from data

data = RandomReal[{0, 1}, {50, 4}];

Make every point a separate list and use PlotStyle to set the size and color for each point.

ListPointPlot3D[List /@ Most /@ data,
 PlotStyle -> ({
      AbsolutePointSize[Ceiling[3 (# + 1)]],
      Hue[(# + 1)/2]} & /@ Last /@ data)]

Bob Hanlon

---- karl.lefty at gmail.com wrote:

Hello all,

I have an array of data, with four columns. Each row consists of an X,
Y, Z position, and a value for the data sample from that position F
(X,Y,Z)  [where F is not a analytical function, but an experimental
sample value from that position]. What I would like is to plot the
points using something like ListPointPlot3D, with the color of the
point being determined by the value from the fourth column F(X, Y, Z).
How can I do this with Mathematica 7?