Correcting a typing blunder

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99427] Correcting a typing blunder
  • From: Hugh Goyder <h.g.d.goyder at cranfield.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 06:01:41 -0400 (EDT)

Every so often I am typing some notes into a text cell and I hit the
wrong combination of keys and the text cell unravels. Pressing control-
z is no help. I give an example below. I think I was going for Control-
i to make the next symbol italics and messed up by typing Control-
Shift-i. How do I convert this back into text which has an equation in
it? This I can easily retype but it is annoying when you have a long
paragraph with several nicely typeset equations.

If you copy the text below into a notebook highlight the cell bracket
and press Alt-7 followed by Control-Shift-I you will have the messed
up version that  I have in the notebook.

Many thanks
Hugh Goyder

Gas*Law*spring . We*have
P*(A*(Subscript[x, 2] - Subscript[x, 1]))^\[Gamma] = Subscript[P, 0]*
(A*L)^\[Gamma]
whrere*P*is*the*pressure*A*the*cross - sectional*area*and*Subscript[x,
1]*and*Subscript[x, 2]*the*current*
   position*of*two*planes*in*the*gas*that*have*reference*separation