Re: why does DownValues not return all downvalues for a

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99413] Re: [mg99369] why does DownValues not return all downvalues for a
  • From: Michael <michael2718 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 05:41:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net> wrote:
> v = DeleteCases[
>   ToExpression[Names["*Values"]],
>   SingularValues];
>
> g["x"]["y"] = 1;
>
> {#, #[g]} & /@ v

It appears that the function that returns what I need is called "SubValues"=
:

In[9]:= SubValues[g]

Out[9]= {HoldPattern[g["x"]["y"]] :> 1}

This function doesn't appear to be documented very well (it doesn't
have it's own page), but it is mentioned in passing a couple of
places.

Thanks for the help!

> Bob Hanlon

Michael