Help with an error with NonlinearModelFit, Mathematica 7.0

I'm trying to find a fit to a large set of data.

Here are In[1], In[2].

In[1] := {{421.1, 6591.10}, ...};

(there are way more points, in fact there are 35 in total, but I don't
want to list them.  All are real numbers.)

In[2] := nlm = NonlinearModelFit[data, Log[ak^2 + bk + c], {a,b,c}, k]

Then mathematica gives an error that basically says that the function
"is not a list of real numbers"

Of course it is, so how do I fix this?