Re: Message passing in mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99589] Re: Message passing in mathematica?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:19:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
> Hello Mathematica Users,
>>From what I understand Mathematica does not currently offer "seamless"
> support for the message passing paradigm in its parallel offerings (I
> mean apart from Link* primitives, however even then send/receive-
> like primitives should be programmed by the user).
> Is there some package supplying convenient message passing API atop
> MathLink protocol? (start a "cluster" of workers each given its ID,
> send/receive primitives, perhaps collective operations (gather/
> In some occasions the virtual shared memory paradigm currently offered
> in Mathematica is not convenient when porting parallel algorithms laid
> down in e.g. MPI.
Prev by Date:
Re: number of Trangles in a graph-network
Next by Date:
Re: math glyphs from non-Mathematica font
Previous by thread:
Message passing in mathematica?
Next by thread:
Re: Given a matrix, find position of first non-zero element in each