Re: Message passing in mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99589] Re: Message passing in mathematica?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:19:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Hi, http://daugerresearch.com/pooch/mathematica.shtml ? Regards Jens gidiko wrote: > Hello Mathematica Users, > >>From what I understand Mathematica does not currently offer "seamless" > support for the message passing paradigm in its parallel offerings (I > mean apart from Link* primitives, however even then send/receive- > like primitives should be programmed by the user). > > Is there some package supplying convenient message passing API atop > MathLink protocol? (start a "cluster" of workers each given its ID, > send/receive primitives, perhaps collective operations (gather/ > scatter)... > > In some occasions the virtual shared memory paradigm currently offered > in Mathematica is not convenient when porting parallel algorithms laid > down in e.g. MPI. > > Thanks, > Giorgos > >