In the Plot statement within Manipulate one should almost always set an
explicit PlotRange to avoid the "Manipulate Jitters".

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: mgoic [mailto:magoic at gmail.com]

Hi everyone,

I am having problems when trying to plot an expression in a Dynamic
model using manipulate tool. For example, in this simple code I can
plot the function (first plot), I can evaluate its value in a
manipulate environment (second plot), but when trying to plot in a
dynamic environment I just get empty axis (third plot).

myfun = x^2 + 3 t x ;
t = 1;
Plot[myfun, {x, 0, 2}]
Clear[t]
Manipulate[Evaluate[myfun], {x, 1, 2}, {{t, 1}, 0, 10}]
Manipulate[Plot[Evaluate[myfun], {x, 1, 2}], {{t, 1}, 0, 10}]

Any idea of what I am doing wrong? I will really appreciate any
guidance.

Regards,
Marcel Goic