Re: Manipulate Issue - resend with code

The option to use is PerformanceGoal. By Default, the performance goal
is set to "Speed" when the control is being manipulated and "Quality"
when it is not, equivalent to

PerformanceGoal -> ControlActive["Speed", "Quality"]

You can force a manipulate to always go for "Quality" with

PerformanceGoal -> "Quality"

There may be more values for PerformanceGoal, but they are not
documented.

NOTE: the option goes with the Function, not the Manipulate:

Manipulate[
  ContourPlot[
   q1/Norm[{x, y} - p[[1]]] + q2/Norm[{x, y} - p[[2]]], {x, -2,
    2}, {y, -2, 2}, Contours -> 10,
   PerformanceGoal -> "Quality"], {{q1, -1}, -3, 3}, {{q2, 1}, -3,
   3}, {{p, {{-1, 0}, {1, 0}}}, {-1, -1}, {1, 1}, Locator},
  Deployed -> True]

In this case, the Performance Goal is an option for ContourPlot, NOT
Manipulate.

You can also use ControlActive[] to specify other parameters that are
used used when the control is being manipulated or not. By default,
Mathematica will make a low-res image with the control is moving, but
you can override at the cost of some loss of responsiveness.

You could, for example, set the number of PlotPoints to a low number
when scrubbing a slider, and a high value when the slider stops. The
Documentation Center has examples.

The same goes for an animation sequence.

george woodrow