Re: Palette Management
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99763] Re: Palette Management
- From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 05:09:45 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> Andrew, I am curious: how did you input all the native Mathematica names if > you did not use Mathematica itself to give you the names? > I mean: if you did not use > > Names["System`*"] > > to get the names (and then create the palette), how did you do it? -- LOL The hard, ill-informed way by OCR-ing pdf out put from the Function Navigator; then later the index page from on-line via copy/ paste. Uggh, Had I known about Names earlier. :-( Btw, the Doc help browser failed to find anything using "Function Names" (683 hits), but no 'Names'. I am convinced the indexing for Help browser is poor; hence, having the PDFs for deep searching is wonderful. There should be a testing suite for searching within the Help Browser for completeness. I hate wasting my efforts, but eventually I got there. Sigh.