Re: number dot (with space)

Hi,

you have given an floating point number and not an exact one (1. instead
of 1 or 0.5 instead of 1/2). Floating point numbers have a finite
precision, so that 1.*g is not the same as 1*g.

Since Mathematica does not print the multiplication symbol "*" and uses
a space instead to print a*b*c and a b c the multiplication 1.*g is
printed as 1. g

Regards
   Jens