Re: Random choice
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99832] Re: Random choice
- From: Ray Koopman <koopman at sfu.ca>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 06:25:07 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
On May 15, 1:17 am, Valeri Astanoff <astan... at gmail.com> wrote: > Good day, > > Given this example : > > In:= RandomChoice[Range, 100] // Union // Length > > Out= 91 > > what is the best way to get *exactly* 100 different > random numbers ranging from 1 to 500 ? > > Any piece of advice would be appreciated. > > -- > > Valeri Astanoff RandomSample[Range, 100] // Union // Length Given the well-established meaning of m_Choose_n for sampling without replacement, whoever decided on the new terminology got RandomChoice and RandomSample backwards.