Followup quastion: Problem with parallel evaluation of integrals depending on a parameter

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99880] Followup quastion: Problem with parallel evaluation of integrals depending on a parameter
  • From: Alan Barhorst <alan.barhorst at ttu.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 02:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, I am also having problems passing InterpolatingFunction objects
into a function with a module

I am trying (where X[s_]=InterpolatingFunction[...][s]

func[Z_]:=Module[{xx=Z,Y},Y[S_]:=xx[S];....]

Then I try

func[X[S]]

If I try to use Y[.1] in the module, it returns unevaluated.  If I do
Y[S]/.S->.1 it returns a number.  So somehow I am missing how to
assign the parameter S to the interpolation inside the module.  Any
help is appreciated.

AB
Alan A. Barhorst, PhD, PE	        | alan.barhorst at ttu.edu
Professor					| http://www.me.ttu.edu/
Mechanical Engineering		| Phone: 806-742-3563, ext 241
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-1021

When leaders disregard the law and human dignity, kooks
are emboldened; innocence lost.

Human potential cannot be developed or measured from a
floating moral reference frame.