MathGroup Archive 2009

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Basic question about Mathematica Interface

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99931] Basic question about Mathematica Interface
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 06:48:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

This is a very basic question about the Mathematica interface. I apologize if it's been answered before. I did search the archives but was unable to find anything satisfactory.

I am using Mathematica 7 on a Windows XP machine. I notice that Mathematica has no application frame: all the windows, including menu, notebooks, palettes, etc. are floating windows.

When I start Mathematica, it always opens in the default position, that is, at the top left hand corner of my screen, with the menu bar plastered across the full width of the screen. This is very annoying, so the first thing I have to do is to decrease the size of the menu bar, move all the palettes and windows to a different part of the screen, resize them, etc.

But Mathematica does not remember my resizing/moving, and when I exit and restart, everything returns to the default position again.

I'd like to know if:

1. There's an application frame hidden in the program somewhere that I can turn on, to have all Mathematica related content enclosed in a single window which I can move and resize.

2. If there is no application frame, is there some way to make Mathematica remember the changes I make to window sizes and locations, and automatically use those settings every time I start it.

Thanks.

D. Martin

• Prev by Date: Re: Problem with parallel evaluation of integrals depending on a
  • Next by Date: Re: trying to "install" a palette...
  • Previous by thread: Re: Problem with parallel evaluation of integrals depending on a
  • Next by thread: Re: Basic question about Mathematica Interface