Re: Are you wolfing tonight?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99956] Re: [mg99939] Are you wolfing tonight?
  • From: János Löbb <janos.lobb at yale.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 04:58:42 -0400 (EDT)

On May 19, 2009, at 7:01 AM, magma wrote:

> Are you wolfing tonight?
> Not yet the title of a new pop song, but wolfing (or walphing) is the
> new thing to do on the net. Not necessarily lonesome.
>
> Wolfram|Alpha went live in test mode at 8:48pm CST on Friday 15th May.
> While its fictional "city" cousin HAL comes from Urbana, W/A is
> perhaps more "rural" coming from Champaign :-)
> It can't yet play chess and hasn't killed anybody yet, but it's
> nevertheless a killer app.

Yes, it is a killer app.  It kills itself !!

  Just type into it "Ampere's law" and watch what do you get.

Or, if You do not want to bother yourself with such bagatelle, type
in: "Map of lung cancer in Connecticut"  and see what is unfolding.

J=E1nos

P.S.  Of course if I type the same in Google, I am getting something.