Re: Import of NIST ANOVA data sets
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg100032] Re: Import of NIST ANOVA data sets
- From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 01:44:51 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
Adrian, I guess one cell beyond the data range has gotten a value. If you don't post more details there's not much we can do here. Which NIST data file did you use, how did you save it, what did you do with it in Excel etc? Sjoerd On May 21, 6:05 am, Adrian <morej... at theward.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I am using Mathematica 7 and if I bring the data set into Excel 2007 > then save it as an .xls file, Mathematica imports the data fine but > the then the ANOVA fails (Error: "ANOVA::arg1:The 1st argument has > unequal columns or rows."). If I save the .xls file as a CSV file, > import it into Mathematica and run the ANOVA, it runs successfully. > Any ideas on why the xls import is breaking the ANOVA? > > Thanks, > Adrian.